Unit Title : Overview of Internetworking
Assessment Type : Individual
Assessment Title : Network requirement analysis and plan
Purpose of the assessment (with ULO Mapping) : MN503 Network Requirement Analysis And Plan Assignment
This assignment is designed to assess students’ knowledge and skills related to the
following learning outcomes:
d. Analyse and report on the current and future state of the inter networking
infrastructure and its applications.
e. Implement a process to support the administration and management of
Weight 20% of the total assessments
Total Marks 50
Word limit 1000 (approximately 4 pages)
Submission Guidelines : MN503 Network Requirement Analysis And Plan
- All work must be submitted on Moodle by the due date along with a Title Page.
- The assignment must be in MS Word format, 1.5 spacing, 11-pt Calibri (Body) font
and 2.54 cm margins on all four sides of your page with appropriate section headings.
- Reference sources must be cited in the text of the report, and listed appropriately
at the end in a reference list using IEEE referencing style
- If an extension of time to submit work is required, a Special Consideration
Application must be submitted directly to the School’s Administration Officer, in
Melbourne on Level 6 or in Sydney on Level 7. You must submit this application
three working days before the due date of the assignment. Further information
is available at:http://www.mit.edu.au/about-mit/institute-publications/policies-proceduresand-guidelines/specialconsiderationdeferment
- Academic Misconduct is a serious offence. Depending on the seriousness of the
case, penalties can vary from a written warning or zero marks to exclusion from
the course or rescinding the degree. Students should make themselves familiar
with the full policy and procedure available at http://www.mit.edu.au/aboutmit/institute-publications/policies-procedures-and-guidelines/PlagiarismAcademic-Misconduct-Policy-Procedure.
For further information, please refer to the Academic Integrity Section in your Unit Description.
ORDER This MN503 Network Requirement Analysis And Plan Assignment NOW And Get Instant Discount
Project Scope: A typical network layout diagram of a firm is given below for illustrative purposes only. The service requirements are enclosed.
- 5 departments with 5 subnets. Only admin, HR and the finance department will have all the access to the services available. Engineering and sales have access to the print server and file server but not to the finance department.
- IP network design
- Hardware requirements with costs specification
- Configuration details on the hardware (Routers and Switches)
Report requirements: The report should have a detail explanation of the planning and designing of the network. It is recommended that bullet points are only included whenever necessary.
- Project Scope
- Project requirements
- Network design – Consider the human factor design concepts
- IP addressing in a tabular form (include justification whenever necessary)
- Network topology diagram (Netsim preferred)
- Switch configuration
- Router configuration
- DHCP configuration
- The access point and server configuration guidelines
- Security configuration
The following tentative marking criteria will be followed for the assignment.