1. Marketers are accused of creating desires that lead to over consumption. Discuss this
statement and justify your position
2.“The only way to make marketers ethical is to use government regulation”. Discuss this
statement and justify your position.
Reflection on Seminar 10
Presentations: BHO1171 Introduction for Marketing PPT Assignment
1. Develop a marketing plan for your university and Give a brief overview of it.
2. How do marketing metrics help achieve ‘control’ In marketing planning?
BHO 1171 Roadmap.
Introduction & The Marketing Environment
Consumer & Business Buying Behaviour Introduction & The Marketing Environment
Customer Segmentation and Targeting
Meaningful Marketing Metrics
& Marketing Research
ORDER This BHO1171 Introduction for Marketing PPT Assignment NOW And Get Instant Discount
Promotions: Advertising and Media
Pricing and Discounting
Strategic Marketing Planning
Product (Goods & Services)
Place: Physical availability,
Retailing and Shopping
Theories of ethics
• Teleology and utilitarianism
– Judge by the outcome/increase happiness
– Duty to society to act ethically
• Considers individual character and motivations.
2 opposing views
• Management’s only
Responsibility is to maximise
– Doing “social good” adds to
The cost of doing business
– Costs have to be passed onto
• Businesses are not just Economic institutions
– Responsibility goes beyond
What do you think?
• Does it add to the cost of doing business?
• Should businesses be concerned about the effect they have on society?
– Are they just PR exercises?
How ethical are companies rated high for social responsibility?
How do we make corporations ethical?
Bakan argues that directors should held
Responsible for their actions
Corporations originally were set up for public good
Perhaps we should return to this objective?
What is Corporate Social Responsibility?
• Ethical behaviour
• Legal behaviour