This is the submission of your finalised research thesis/exegesis. The submitted document should reflect 220 hours of work. It should be of publishable quality with regards to content, writing and format.
Assessment SRR 71 Deakin University Assignment
Depending on the pathway you decided upon in the research proposal the following submission is required:
For the written thesis Inquiry Pathway:
- Title page including: Project title (max 25 words), Unit, Trimester, Year, Author, Supervisor, word count.
- 8000 – 10.000 words are required, not including appendices and bibliography.
For the exegesis project Inquiry Pathway:
- Title page including: Project title (max 25 words), Unit,
Trimester, Year, Author, Supervisor, word count.
- A maximum of 5000 words, not including appendices and bibliography, plus relevant materials / artefacts depending on the nature of the project are required.
- Yoursubmission must be self‐explanatory asto how the differentsubmitted
formats fit together and in which order they should be reviewed.
Your Thesis / exegesis must satisfy the following assessment criteria:
- Demonstration of an understanding of the relevance and context of the research topic
- Evidence that the research methodology is appropriate to the project and the time fram
- Evidence that the research methodology was executed in a rigorous manner
- Evidence that the existing knowledge related to the topic has been identified and critically analysed
- Evidence how the research outcomes advance or contribute to new understanding of existing knowledge
- Professionalism in communication and presentation with regards to structure and
- layout,writing style (clarity, grammar), academic referencing.
Assessment: SRR 71 Deakin University Assignment -School of Architecture + Built Environment
Your assignment will be assessed by two reviewers (summative assessment 50/50).
Notwithstanding the above, if you are enrolled in S702, S703 or S764 and you selected the exegesis project Inquiry Pathway, you will be subject to a jury examination as part of the assessment at a date to be advised.