Task : MKT01906 – The Destination Related To International Tourism.
This assessment will help thinking skills regarding the location of choice for all assessments in MKT01906. Prepare a two-page Fact Sheet which outlines important details about the destination related to international tourism. The details will provide background to support future assessments in MKT01906.
By week 3, please ensure you have approval for your location from your academic supervisor. Only one student per location for each cohort.
Instructions for Assessment MKT01906 – The Destination Related To International Tourism.
- Identify the location (destination) of choice for MKT01906.
- Use a range of information sources (online or hard copy) to prepare a two page Fact Sheet explaining:
- Number of international visitors; visitor origin; key attractions; types of tourism
- What accommodation options are available?
- What is the economic impact of tourism on GDP?
- What are key tourism activities at the location?
- What other destination features need to be showcased?
Once information has been gathered, prepare the Fact Sheet including relevant graphs and tables (maximum of 2 each) to present the reader with background on international tourism at the destination.
This is to be original work which includes your analysis and presentation of information gathered from several sources. Copied information (such as graphs and tables from other sources) will not be accepted.
- Logical argument (3 marks)
- Presentation and discussion of facts (10 marks)
- Information sources identified (2 marks)
- Clarity of expression (5 mark)
Total (20 marks)
|Grade||Description of Grade|
|High Distinction||Demonstrates distinctive insight and ability in researching, analysing and applying relevant skills and concepts, and shows exceptional ability to synthesise, integrate and evaluate knowledge.|
|Distinction||Demonstrates distinctive insight and ability in researching, analysing and applying relevant skills and concepts, and shows a well-developed ability to synthesise, integrate and evaluate knowledge.|
|Credit||Demonstrates insight and ability in researching, analysing and applying relevant skills and concepts.|
|Pass||Satisfies all of the basic learning requirements specified and provides a sound basis for proceeding to higher-level studies in the subject area.|
|Fail||The student’s performance fails to satisfy the learning requirements specified.|