Introduction : Question CHCPOL003 – Research And Apply Evidence To Practice
Type of Assessment
This summative assessment will enable your Assessor to make a judgement of competency based on the submission of your completed assignments against the requirements of this unit of competency.
The Assessment Benchmark developed for each unit of competency is the evidence criteria used to judge the quality of performance (i.e. the assessment decision-making rules). Assessors must use these benchmarks to make a judgement on whether competency has been achieved and to determine if the participant has performed to the standard expected to meet the unit requirement and learning outcomes. Competency results for each unit are recorded in the Record of Assessment Form.
Careers Australia will allow flexibility in relation to the way in which each unit is delivered and assessed based on the student’s requirement. The following are the reasonable adjustments for this unit
|Trainer/Assessor must select which of the following is suitable for this unit and DELETE rows that are not applicable|
|Reasonable Adjustment for this unit||College Based||On-Line Delivery|
|The assistance of a Learning Support Teacher for LLN issues|
|Modifications to physical environment, e.g. Wheelchair access|
|Changes to course design, e.g. Instead of written assessment task – change to verbal questioning & assessor to write the answers|
|Changes in lecture schedules and arrangements, e.g. Relocating classes to an accessible venue|
|Modifications to computer equipment in the computer lab|
|Provision of information or course materials in accessible format, e.g. A textbook in braille|
|Supply of specialised equipment or services, e.g. A note taker for a student who cannot write|
Assessment of this program of study is based on competency-based principles.
S = Satisfactory
NS = Not Satisfactory
Students who fail to perform satisfactorily for the assessment in the prescribed date may be assessed as ‘not satisfactory’. You are required to be assessed as ‘Satisfactory’ on completion of Assessments assigned by your assessor for this unit of competency.
Any re-assessment is conducted as soon as practicable after you have been informed of the requirement to be re-assessed and have been given the opportunity to be re-trained and assimilate the training. You are re-assessed in only the areas assessed NS. It is at the assessor/s discretion to re-assess the entire assessment should it be demonstrated an overall understanding of this unit has not been achieved. Students that are assessed ‘satisfactory’ after re-assessment of areas deemed NS will achieve competency for this assignment.
|I acknowledge the assessment process has been explained and agree to undertake the assessment. I am aware of Careers Australia’s appeals process, should the need arise. I also understand that I must be assessed as ‘satisfactory’ in all parts of the assessment to gain a competent result for this unit of competency. I declare that the work contained in this assessment is my own, except where acknowledgment of sources is made. I understand that a person found responsible for academic misconduct will be subject to disciplinary action (refer to student handbook).
|Student Signature: __________________________||Date: ______|
Assignment CHCPOL003 – Research And Apply Evidence To Practice
INSTRUCTIONS – Topics 1 & 2
This assessment consists of two (2) research topics
- You must complete both topics – if you submit only one topic your assessment will be deemed not satisfactory.
- Each topic asks the same questions.
- You may choose a different topic for assignment 1, but your educator must agree with the topic you have chosen prior to completing the assignment.
- Use the template provided.
- You must submit your posters/flyers at the same time you submit the two research topics on Blackboard. Label each poster/flyer clearly so your name can be identified by the educator.
- g. CHCPOL003 Surname_Poster1
- Word count: no more than 2,000 words per assignment (no more than 4,000 words for the whole assessment).
- Read topic 1 and topic 2 at the end of the first class.
- This assessment is to be done IN PAIRS. Educators will allocate the pairs.
- You will be assessed individually, for your submission of BOTH topics.Each student to submit their assessment via Blackboard.
- Do not wait until the last minute to complete the assessment as this is a time-consuming assessment – you should start as early as possible.
- You may use the PowerPoints for this unit and the learning activities to help you completethe assessment.
- You are required to communicate verbally and/or in writing with your educator throughout the assessment to ensure you understand the process and to clarify any areas of uncertainty.
- You are required to apply your Professional Standards of Practice throughout the assessment, the framework for which included:
- NMBA Enrolled Nurse Standards for Practice
- NMBA Code of Ethics for Nurses
- NMBA Code of Professional Conduct for nurses
- Health Practitioner Regulation National Law Act (National Law)
- Scope of Nursing Practice Decision Making Framework
- You are also required to apply an appropriate research approach to nursing practice within the scope of the Enrolled Nurse and use nursing research methodologies and resources appropriately.
- You will need to provide the exact number of words used at the end of the proposal.
- Word count does NOT include:The pre-existing templates, instructions and questions.
- You must use analytical processes throughout the assessment including: comparing, contrasting, challenging and reflecting.