Word/time limit: 3000 (+/- 10%)
Critically review the literature on the effectiveness of psychological treatments in the treatment of ONE of the following disorders: major depressive disorder, social anxiety disorder, schizophrenia. You can choose to focus your review on one or two particular treatments (e.g. cognitive behavioural therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, psychoanalytic approaches).
To address this topic, you will need to ensure you have:
- a title and abstract that is a clear and concise framing of the main arguments (abstract 150 words, not included in word count)
- an introduction to outline your review (approx. 250 words)
- identified and described the disorder under review (500–750 words)
- critically evaluated the literature on the effectiveness of chosen treatment(s) (1500–2000 words)
- provided some conclusions about your understanding of the issues that flow logically from the literature you have reviewed and highlighted some key directions for future research (approx. 200 words).
PSY30010 Abnormal Psychology Assignment Help Swinburne University
Please note: meta analyses can be used but not relied upon to form your argument.
The following resources will assist you with completing this assignment:
You may wish to review this A2 example essay
Keep in mind, however, that examples from previous students are not intended as template responses. Use this example as an illustration of the structure of a discussion report, the scope of research and writing that fits within 3000 words, and of strong performance against the following rubric.
For assistance with formatting, you may wish to refer to Chapter 6 Essays in psychology (Links to an external site.) (Kaufmann & Findlay, 2020, pp. 250–279), which provides information on essay writing.
- Organisation of material.
- Evaluation of material and development of argument.