Related Learning outcomes 1,2,3,4
Word count: approximately 500 words
Purpose: NUR329 Themed Discussion Post Assignment
As you progress through your career as a Registered Nurse you need to understand how health data in relation to chronic disease and determinants drives health policy development and indicates where health resources, education and promotion are needed. There are significant Australian Health Agencies such as the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW) which research, collate and present this data for use. As nurses you should understand how health statistics and data are represented and how useful they can be in reviewing the impacts of disease and health determinants on the Australian population.
Topic: Research a National Health Priority Area
Part 1: Discussion Board Criteria (approximately 500 word limit)
- Choose one of the following health areas to respond to:
- Oral disease
- Coronary heart disease
- You may negotiate a different health area with the unit coordinator
- Discuss the prevalence (health statistics) of this health area for the Australian population and compare the data for Indigenous and non-Indigenous populations.
- Outline the burden of disease (or injury) for this health area for the Australian population, this includes outlining the DALY/YLL (you will need to find out what these mean)
- Briefly outline any health policies or health strategies which have been developed in association with this health area
ORDER This NUR329 Themed Discussion Post Assignment NOW And Get Instant Discount
Part 2: Discussion Board Criteria (approximately 200-300 word limit)
- Comment on one other health area different to the one you choseas presented by another student
- Compare their outline of the topic/area to the one you researched
- Review the NUR329 Assessment 1 YouTube, there is a link in Learnline or you can access the NUR329 YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkoW-79JyAnKDFC0U-azuEw
- You need to have worked through Topics 1, 2, 3 & 4 on Learnline as information pertaining to the above criteria can be found in the learning materials
- Visit the AIHW web site and set text (both Fleming & Parker’s 2015, Introduction to Public Healthand AIHW, Australia’s Health 2016)
- Conduct further research using library resources, there is a NUR329 libguide, see the link in the unit and review other websites and journal articles.
- Please note: This is not medical surgical nursing and the pathophysiology of the disease is not to be included
- Use standard academic writing, which means structured paragraphs and no point form or tables.
- Include a reference list at end of document using APA style
- Include at least 3 references and this should include 1 research article (the reference list does not contribute to word count).
- Please don’t attach word documents
- Discussion board submissions can sometimes alter the appearance of your reference list (you may lose the hanging indent for example), there are no penalties if this happens to your work
- Submit your response to the Assignment criteria via the Discussion Board link provided in NUR329 Learnline Assignment Information TAB.
- Post directly onto the discussion board by creating your thread
- Once you have put your own post up you will be able to see other students posts.
- Post your response to another student by responding to their thread.