Subject Code& Title: NSG2204 Critical Analysis of A Public/Primary Health Care Initiative or Program
Word limit : 1000 words
Critical Analysis Assignment:
You are required to carefully read through this overview to clearly understand what is required of you to submit this short essay style analysis.
NSG2204 Critical Analysis of A Public Primary Health Care Assessment 2-AU.
The ability to critically analyse is an essential skill at university.
- To analyse something means to examine it in detail so that you can describe and explain the issues, make connections and see relationships between information.
- To critique something means to give your opinion on something (for example, what has been done/has been written/an approach); and then support your opinion with evidence (literature/ references). Critiquing is NOT simply stating something is ‘good’ or ‘bad’. It is presenting your opinion after you have analysed a topic and supporting your opinion and ideas with research and the literature you have read.
NSG2204 Critical Analysis of A Public Primary Health Care Initiative or Program Assessment 2 – Holmesglen Vocational And Higher Education AU.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETION
Select ONE public/primary health care initiative or program that relates to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health from the list below:
• Close The Gap
• Royal Flying Doctor’s Service (RFDS)
• National Anti-Racism Strategy – It Stops with Me Campaign
• Initiatives and programs offered through ACCHOs or general practice: for example:
o Chronic Disease Management – 715 assessment
• Initiatives and programs offered through Indigenous Australians’ Health Programme:
o Tackling Indigenous Smoking
o RHD Australia
o Care for Kids’ Ears
o Australian Nurse–Family Partnership Program
o Addressing trachoma
o Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mental health program
o Medical Outreach Indigenous Chronic Diseases Program
REFLECT, RESPECT, SAFETY & QUALITY
Critically analyse how the initiative or program you have selected demonstrates or does NOT demonstrate a social justice approach.
RESPECT, ADVOCATE, COMMUNICATE
In your discussion about this public/primary health care initiative or program, consider how the registered nurse can demonstrate leadership and advocate for equitable health outcomes and social justice for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples