Assessment Task 3
Task description: You will be expected to satisfactorily complete modules to demonstrate critical thinking and decision making in diverse and complex healthcare situations across the lifespan. You will need to analyse situations in these modules and develop a holistic understanding of these situations drawing on prior knowledge and skills. In these National Health Priorities, you will be expected to use and understand the requirements for integrated knowledge and skills, including communication, collaboration, leadership, ethical and culturally safe approaches to healthcare, and inter- professional collaboration. Once you have worked through four of the five National Health Priority Area online modules and watched the on-line simulation, you will be required to read and complete the case-based scenario workbook questions.
NSB335 Integrated Practice 5 Assignment Task 3-Queensland University Of Technology Australia.
What you need to do:
This is an individual assessment task. Each student must:
1.Review the knowledge and skills relating to the National Health Priority Areas of:
c. Arthritis and musculoskeletal conditions
d. Injury and prevention control
2.Complete the online modules for these National Health Priority Areas
3.Watch the videos that cover the case study scenario of Mrs Simpson
4.Read through the questions in the PDF workbook on the case Scenario of Mrs. Simpson. Answer all the questions in a word document. You do not need to replicate the questions. Number responses. All answers are to be supported with evidence-based literature (unless otherwise indicated in the workbook).
Length: Maximum word count of 2000 words +/-10% (including in text references and excluding reference list). Words in excess of 2200 words will not be marked.
How will I be assessed:
Your responses will be assessed according to clinical content, evidence of critical thinking, adequate standard of academic writing and referencing formatting and quality of sources used.
Instructions for the assessment task:
Your assignment should be written in Cite Write APA style and prepared as follows:
- Make your own cover sheet with the assessment title, your name, student number, tutor name and word count.
- Answer the workbook questions which are not to be rewritten; identify your responses with numbering.
- Include a ‘footer’ on each page with your name, student number, unit code and page number.
- 2 cm margins on all sides, double-spaced text.
- Use font, such as Times New Roman, Arial or Calibri; font size 12.
- Cite Write APA style referencing. Note it is a requirement that you include page numbers for all in-text references
- Any responses that are not referenced to valid, academic sources will receive a mark of zero (0) unless otherwise indicated.
- All questions must be attempted and incomplete papers will require resubmission.
- You MUST include the page number that indicates the actual page in your source where you located the evidence to support your key point in the citation. Failure to do this will attract a zero grade for that response.
- Use at least six (6) valid contemporary peer reviewed journal articles with the addition of text books as appropriate.
- Note: markers will be checking references to see that you have accurately represented the source.
- Be submitted in electronic format as a Word document via Turnitin.
Learning outcomes assessed:
Demonstrate advanced critical thinking, clinical reasoning and decision making in diverse and complex healthcare settings and in line with the provision of safe, quality person –centered care across the lifespan.
What you need to submit:
- You must submit one document that contains the following items:
- Workbook questions are not to be rewritten – clearly identify your responses with numbering.
- Include a reference list at the end of your assignment.
- Final submission should be submitted in Word format via Turnitin.
Resources needed to complete task:
- You will need to use at least six (6) valid, contemporary peer reviewed journal articles no older than seven (7) years as supporting evidence.
- In addition, you could use:
o Guidelines for health professionals that are peer reviewed,
o Authoritative websites and government websites such as NHMRC, NSQHC and/or
- o Organisation resources/guidelines intended for health professionals (supported by evidenced based references)