Students must write an essay to discuss the pros and cons of the argument provided below before concluding and providing a recommendation. The assessment intends to test students’ ability to comprehend the materials sourced from lectures, texts and research. It also intends to improve students’ writing, analysis, and argumentation skills and add to their understanding of the applicability of organisational behaviour in the workplace.
Assignment: MGT200 Organisational Behaviour Individual Essay
Students will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Conclusions and Recommendations
- Clarity of Written Work
- Presentation, Citation and Referencing Format
Details about each criterion can be checked by assessing the subject outline. It is very important to note that research is a key criterion that will influence the mark you earn. Research is considered appropriate when students make their arguments by using peer-reviewed journal articles. While using a minimum of six (6) journal articles is expected, students will only achieve a top mark in their research component when they adequately use between twelve (12) and fifteen (15) research sources, the majority of which are journal articles. Kindly note that using WIKIPEDIA and other online encyclopedia is not allowed and may result in being given a fail grade for the essay.
Essay Topic: MGT200 Organisational Behaviour Individual Essay-KOI Australia.
A servant leadership management style is the best approach for managing people in organisations. Discuss pros and cons of this argument.
- The assessment must be Harvard (Anglia) referenced, typed Arial 12 font, 1.5 spaced and delivered by using an essay structure.
- Referencing is only considered adequate when the sources that are used in the work are acknowledged both in-text and in the references list at the end of the essay.
- The assessment’s length is 1500 words (+/-) 10%.
- The assessment is worth 30% of your overall subject mark.
- A word document of your assessment must be submitted to Moodle by Friday, week 6 at 1130PM. Files that are not submitted in word will not be accepted.
- You do not need to print and submit a hard copy of your essay.
- Submitting your work late will attract a 5% reduction of mark for each day beyond the due date.
- It is recommended to plan time appropriately and start your assessment early which will give you time to gain feedback from your tutor and do well.
- Please do not use the textbook as a reference.