Assignment 2: Team presentation
Word limit: 12 PowerPoint slides (+/- 10%)
Assignment Overview : MGT10001 Introduction to Management Assignment
Your team’s task is to interview a person about their job as manager. In particular, you are to discuss the challenges they face as managers and how they overcome them. You are then to present your findings in a PowerPoint presentation and submit this plus your team charter (including agenda and minutes of meetings).
Instructions on self-allocating to a team will be provided by your eLA in Week 4.
Related learning outcomes
This assignment assesses the following unit learning outcomes:1. describe and apply foundation managerial concepts and skills in complex business environments
2. work together effectively in diverse teams
4. identify and describe how managers monitor the effectiveness of employees, work groups,
Assignment Details : MGT10001 Introduction to Management Assignment Swinburne University of Technology
- Identify a manager within any organisation. The only requirement is that this person manages at least two workers. They could be from a small organisation (e.g. a cafe store owner) or a large organisation (e.g. a manager in a multinational company). ‘Manager’ does not have to be their job title (e.g. they could be a school principal or the head of a volunteer committee). You may draw on people from your own personal or professional network if you wish. If you are an international student, you could interview someone from your home country, as long as your other team members have the opportunity to speak with this individual.
- The manager cannot be a MGT10001 teaching staff member or MGT10001 student.
- Interview the person about their job as a manager and how they do their job. In particular, discuss the challenges they face as managers and how they overcome them.
ORDER This MGT10001 Introduction to Management Assignment NOW And Get Instant Discount
Presentation: Suggested structure
It is recommended that you follow the following structure. In the presentation you should discuss:
- the business context in which the manager operates (e.g. the organisation they work for, what the organisation does)
- the manager’s own role (e.g. their position in the organisation, their main responsibilities)
- the major challenges that the manager faces in their role (e.g. managing employees, dealing with external stakeholders, dealing with an unpredictable environment)
- how the manager implements oneof the four core functions of management — planning, organising, leading or controlling — to meet these challenges
- as you won’t be speaking during the presentation – your PowerPoint will need to do the talking for you, to avoid crowding your slides with too much text, split each section up into a number of slides
- your slides should be visually appealing. Illustrations and photographs can also be used to enhance your presentation.
Don’t forget that in addition to your eLAs who provide discipline-specific content advice, you can access the 24/7 draft writing service from Studiosity.
If you need assistance with academic feedback on a draft of your assignment task see Assignment support: Studiosity
- Description of managerial context.
- Understanding of management concepts.
- Presentation skills.
- Teamwork skills.