Assessment 3 Information – MANM4000 – Introduction to Management
|Subject Name:||MANM4000 – Introduction to Management|
|Assessment Title:||Case Study|
Read the following case study and answer the questions.
Case Study: Challenge the Boss or Stand Down?
Thomas Green winced as he reread an e-mail message from his new boss, Frank Davis, marketing director for the travel and hospitality group at D7 Displays. “Tom, this week’s client meetings went well, but they would have gone better if you had been on top of the market data. When you’re on your own, I expect you to be better prepared. It’s essential for your new responsibilities in developing market strategies for your region.”
Tom looked up from his paper-strewn desk and glumly surveyed the view from his new 29th-floor office in downtown Boston. Just a few months ago he was the company’s fastest-rising star, promoted, he thought, to bring fresh thinking to the firm’s self-service kiosk business. He’d catapulted from account executive to his new position as a senior marketing specialist, bypassing colleagues and collecting a 50% raise. And hardly six weeks later, he was being lectured — again — about how to win a sale. Unless he could get a handle on his new boss, Tom figured he’d be lucky to make it to his one-year anniversary.
Answer the following questions – MANM4000 – Introduction to Management.
- Identify the most important 5 specific management issues drawn from the scenario. ( 10 marks) (Typed half page)
- Discuss the impact of these issues to the organisation. (20 marks)(Typed half page)
- Tom is a valuable employee and would be a loss for the company is he walks away but Frank wants Tom to work on the projects he needs to complete; not the kiosk project! Apply 3 of the motivation theories, models or concepts to provide strategies to help Frank motivate Tom to work on the projects Frank urgently needs to complete. (30 marks) (Typed 1.5 page).
- Apply 2 of the Human Resources theories, models or concepts to improve this organisation’s performance. (20 marks) (Typed 1 page)
- Apply 2 of the Leadership theories, models or concepts to help Frank be a better leader. (20 marks)(Typed 1 page)
Requirements – MANM4000 – Introduction to Management:
Format: Case Study format. Cover page, answer the questions and finish with the List of References. Do not forget in-text referencing. Make sure you proofread for grammar and spelling mistakes. All Academic writing standards applied.
Use size 12 Arial with 1.5 line spacing.
Research: Use at least 5 high quality research papers and you can use as many other resources as you want