Unit Code: ISY2007 (ISY212 / ITM205)
Unit Name: Management Information Systems
Assessment Item 2: Case Study Report
Outcomes to be assessed: ISY2007 (ISY212 / ITM205) Management Information Systems Assignment
- Identify a business that has recently experienced challenges / issues or taken advantage of opportunities related to information systems/technology management from any newspaper or journal published in the last ten years.
- Write a report of between 2,000 and 2,200 words as defined by Word Count in Microsoft Word on the chosen business and information systems/technology management issue/opportunity. A word count using Microsoft Word must be included at the end of your report. The word count must not include
the table of contents and also references.
- The content of the report must indicate a sound knowledge of the use, and impact, of information systems within the researched organization.
- Quotes from books, articles, the Internet, or any other source may not (in total) comprise more than 10% of the business report and must be correctly referenced in the Harvard style. Where excessive use of quotes, more than 15% of the report, are taken from any sources then a percentage of the marks available will be deducted based on the originality report provided by Turnitin.com. For example, if your originality report is 25% then 10% will be deducted.
Task Description: ISY2007 (ISY212 / ITM205) Management Information Systems Solution
- You will complete a case study of an enterprise that has recently experienced issues related to information systems/technology management. You are required to conduct an audit of the management information systems used in a selected enterprise. You will analyse the enterprise’s management information systems in terms of Porters competitive forces model. Describe how the MIS system(s) are used to help the organisation / firm gain a strategic or competitive advantage in the industry.
- Your report should be a synthesis of ideas researched from a variety of sources and expressed in your own words. It should be written in clear English, and be submitted both at the end of the lecture in week 10 in electronic format as a Word document. This electronic file will be checked using TurnitIn for any evidence of plagiarism. You are expected to use references in the normal Harvard referencing style.A cover sheet should be attached to the hard copy confirming that the work is solely your own.
ORDER This ISY2007 (ISY212 / ITM205) Management Information Systems Assignment NOW And Get Instant Discount
|Currency||The issue is no||The issue chosen for||The issue chosen||The issue chosen for|
|/Appropriate||longer relevant /||discussion is current,||for discussion is||discussion is current|
|choice of topic||i.e. published in 2009||current, i.e.||Excellent choice|
|/ Word Limit||Inappropriate||or later /||published in 2009|
|(2000 – 2200)||choice||Good choice||or later.|
|/ Too short or||Appropriate Limit|
|exceeded.||/ questionable||Satisfactory limit.|
|Format –||There is no clear||Introduction included||Effective||The introduction is|
|Introduction||introduction.||but does not include||introduction||inviting, and provides|
|effective overview or||including overview||an excellent overview|
|scope of paper.||and scope of||and scope of the|
|Content and||Does not answer||Basic answer to some||Very good||Insightful coverage of|
|critical analysis||all parts of the||parts of the question.||development of an||all parts of the|
|question or has||answer to all parts||question with|
|been too||of the question||excellent examples|
|descriptive and||with evidence of||which show evidence|
|general.||critical thinking.||of critical thinking and|
|Logical &||Main argument||Main argument lacks||Attention is given||Main argument is|
|insightful||not addressed||clarity and/or may not||to the main||strong and referred to|
|and/or||be appropriate, but||argument but not||throughout,|
|inappropriate||there is a planned||all information is||supported by relevant|
|argument used||approach.||appropriate and||sub-arguments that|
|and/or no planned||relevant.||are all logical and well|
|Original||Not original.||Poor originality.||Some originality.||Highly original.|
|TurnitIn originality||TurnitIn originality||TurnitIn originality||TurnitIn originality|
|index > 25%||index between 18% –||index between||index < 10%|
|25%||10% – 17%|
|In-text citations/||Poor use of||Some attempt at||Satisfactory use of||Correct and thorough|
|use of academic||sources;||paraphrasing with||sources and in-text||in-text citation and|
|evidence (Depth||inadequate in-text||some in-text errors.||citations and||paraphrasing with no|
|of research)||citations;||Less than 4 academic||content is||errors. All sources are|
|plagiarism at||in-text citations.||adequately||referenced.|
|times; no||paraphrased. At|
|academic in-text||least 4 academic||Academic evidence|
|used (more than 4|