|Assessment Name||Case Study|
|Unit Learning Outcomes Assessed||LO1, LO2, LO3, LO4, LO5 and LO6|
|Assessment Description||Our textbook, L. F. Motiwalla and J. Thompson, Enterprise Systems for Management, 2e, 2012, Pearson, briefly describes two real world case studies in each chapter. Students are to select ONE of these case studies for further analysis.
Case studies assess students’ understanding of concepts presented in weekly lectures and tutorials by researching and analyzing real life situations. This is an individual assignment.
In this assignment, students must write a 2,500 to 3,000 word report on the following issues depicted in the chosen case study:
1. Describe the subject organisation and explain the problem or opportunity it faced.
2. Describe the nature of the enterprise system that it adopted and the process by which it was selected and implemented.
3. Explain and analyse any difficulties the organisation may have faced in adopting the system, or preparatory steps that were taken to facilitate implementation.
4. Provide an assessment of how successful was the adoption of the enterprise system and any success metrics that were used.
You are required to go well beyond the brief case study described in the textbook and use additional references to support your arguments.
Referencing and Plagiarism
It is essential to use IN TEXT referencing. If you are using the exact words from a reference then you must use quotation marks.
You can use Chicago Style referencing with numbers, with a listing at the end of the essay. Microsoft Word has an EndNote plugin that makes this style very easy and clear to follow.
Alternatively, you can use the more traditional Harvard style, which is more verbose.
Remember that this is a Turnitin assignment and plagiarism will be subject to severe penalties. Please refer to the AIH Academic Misconduct Policy:
DO NOT COPY AND PASTE FROM THE INTERNET OR COPY OTHER STUDENTS’ WORK!
|Detailed Submission Requirements||Before submission, you ensure the submitted work satisfies the following requirements:
· The assignment is to be written in a report format. It must have separate sections for each of the FOUR tasks above.
· The report should additionally, include an Executive Summary, Table of Contents, Introduction, Conclusion and References
· Submit as a PDF file through the Turnitin assignment submission tool on Moodle.
· Include a cover sheet that has your name, subject, date, report title and WORD COUNT
· The assignment should not exceed 3,000 words with a minimum of 2,500 words, excluding references.
|(80)||0 – 40||40 – 50||50 – 65||65 – 80|
|Questions 1, 2, 3 and 4||Superficial.
|Good responses to the questions. Consistent.
Concise and relevant.
|Well presented and written. Logical and precise.
Well referenced with credible sources of information.
|2. Report Format||Incorrect format and incomplete.
Poor grammar and presentation.
|Correct format and most sections are adequate.
Reasonable grammar and presentation
|Very good format and all sections included.
Clear prose and good presentation.
|Excellent presentation and all details are correct.|
Scaled to 30 marks