HI5019 STRATEGIC INFORMATION SYSTEMS T2 2018
PART 1 : (External analysis)
1. Business background
2. What industry is it?
3. General environment analysis (economic, physical, sociocultural, global,
technological, political/legal and demographic – and work out what the important
4. The industry environment ((i.e., supplier power, buyer power, potential entrants,
substitute products and rivalry among competitors) and explain briefly what is
significant for each).
5. Competitive environment (Is there a strategic group that you need to take account
of? What is the rivalry like in this group? What capabilities do the relevant firms
have? What strategies do they follow? What threats do they represent?)
6. Opportunities and threats
ORDER This HI5019 STRATEGIC INFORMATION SYSTEMS Assignment (Strategic Analysis) Individual Assignment. NOW And Get Instant Discount
PART 2 : (Internal analysis and proposal)
1. The firm’s resources, tangible and intangible
2. Capabilities identification (explain the capabilities carefully to indicate what the firm
3. Core competency analysis (For each capability, indicate which of the four tests for a
core competency it meets).
4. Propose a suitable information system solution that meets the chosen company
5. Evaluate the proposed system and provide your recommendations.
The research should include a list of at least seven (7) references and a bibliography of the
wider reading done to familiarize oneself with the topic.
Submission: HI5019 STRATEGIC INFORMATION SYSTEMS
- Soft copy to Self-check and Final Submission with cover sheet
You are reminded to read the “Plagiarism” section of the course description. Your research should be a synthesis of ideas from a variety of sources expressed in your own words. All reports must use the Harvard referencing style. Marking rubrics are attached.