|Learning outcomes||Grading indicator||Min Score||Weight||Length/
|Research Proposal||Individual||4, 5||Graded||N/A||60%||3000 words||06 Oct 2017 5:00 PM||N/A|
Assignment 3: Final research proposal
Length: 3000 words, exclusive of reference list.
Description : BUS00913 – Research Proposal – Distance Education Melbourne – Hotel School
The aim of Assessment 3 is to draw upon the concepts and processes you have learned about throughout the unit to prepare a detailed research proposal. This assessment builds upon the research concept you submitted as Assessment 1 and also the methodological insights you gained through Assessment 2.
In some instances, students studying certain Masters programs at SCU may actually implement their proposal as a real-life research project in a subsequent, capstone unit. For those students, it is important to take this assessment very seriously as it is an opportunity for you to receive constructive feedback on your ideas and proposed methodology from your lecturer, before putting it to work in the field later on. For other students, this assessment will be an exercise in consolidating and applying the material learnt in BUS00913.
ORDER This BUS00913 – Research Proposal – Distance Education Melbourne – Hotel School Assignment NOW And Get Instant Discount
Your research proposal must address the following headings (using these items as section headings):
Clear title of project (15 word maximum). Try to capture the essence of your project.
Introduction to the research proposal (approx. 250 words)
1.1 Background information: This section will include information regarded as important contextual background to the proposed study. Only include information which you regard as important background for your research project. Be sure to acknowledge your information sources by referencing them. You might find yourself referencing “applied literature” – news articles, websites etc. more often than academic literature in this section. This is perfectly acceptable here.
1.2 Research aim statement: Include the research aim statement from Assessment 1, but refined according to the feedback provided by your lecturer.
1.3 Research objectives: Include the three research objectives from Assessment 1, but refined according to the feedback provided by your lecturer. These should leave the reader in no doubt as to what exactly your research intends to do. Present as numbered points. This is where you break down the research aim statement into answerable components.
Marking criteria for Assessment 3
In addition to judging the quality of each component of your Research Proposal outlined above, the following will also be considered when your assignment is being marked:
- Clarity of expression– This refers to your ability to write grammatically correct sentences, develop logical paragraph structures and use the most appropriate words. Be concise – don’t take 20 words to say what could be said just as well in two!
- Accuracy– This refers to accurate spelling and the absence of typographical errors. Please proofread your work and use a dictionary or thesaurus where necessary.
- Correct referencing– All sources of information and ideas must be acknowledged in full. There are numerous publications which provide guidelines for correct referencing using the Harvard style (refer to the MySCU site).
- Logical sequencing– This refers to your ability to structure your assignment in the way that best develops your argument or makes your point. Always plan your writing so that what you want to say is tied together in a logical manner.
- Independent expression of ideas– The written assessment items for this unit give you plenty of scope for using your own background, education, research and other sources and to use the material presented in this unit in a resourceful and innovative way. Remember to always acknowledge and reference the ideas of others.
The following table summaries the weightings apportioned to each section of Assignment 3. Note that marks total to 100% and will be scaled back to a mark out of 60, commensurate with the weighting of this assignment.