|Qualification title:||Diploma of Digital Media Technologies|
|Unit(s) of competency assessed:||BSBCRT501 Originate and develop concepts|
|Instructions to the assessor:
|To complete this assessment, the student is required to answer all questions and demonstrate specific tasks and skills.
Please be aware of any special circumstances where you may need to write the answers for the student.
Once the tasks are completed, you are to make the assessment decision. Please refer to the marking guidelines when making this decision.
|Assessment Task 1 – Originate and develop concepts – 30 Marks
Assessment task 2 – Presentation – 18 Marks
Assessment task 3 – Written Questions – 52 Marks
|Objective of assessment:||The objective of these assessments is to demonstrate skills and knowledge required to originate and develop concepts for products, programs, processes or services to an operational level. It applies to individuals who develop concepts for any business or community activity or process, such as marketing and advertising campaigns, staff development programs, information technology and communication systems, radio and television programs, entertainment events, films, exhibitions and digital media products. Individuals operate with a high degree of autonomy, but collaborate with others to generate ideas and refine concepts to the point where they can be implemented.|
(please tick to indicate)
£ Not Yet Competent
|Student:The assessment process, including assessment information, competency requirements, student rights and appeals were clearly explained.
I have been provided with feedback on my assessment and agree with the assessment result.
|Assessor: The assessment process, including assessment information, competency requirements, student rights and appeals were clearly explained.
The assessment was valid, reliable, flexible and fair.
I have provided the student with feedback on their assessment.
I certify this assessment record is accurate.
Assessment Task 1 –BSBCRT501 Originate and develop concepts – 30 Marks
For this assessment task you are required to develop two conceptsfor products, programs, processes or services to an operational level. These concepts need to be substantiated and supported with sufficient information to allow for implementation. Describe the broad context in which concepts are being developed. These concepts can apply to any business or community activity or process, such as marketing and advertising campaigns, staff development programs, information technology and communication systems, radio and television programs, entertainment events, films, exhibitions and digital media products.
ORDER This BSBCRT501 Originate & Develop Concepts Assignment NOW And Get Instant Discount
Within your assessment ensure that you cover:
- Evaluation and exploration of needs and opportunities including;
- Existing information;
- Identify and using gaps in current range of products, programs, processes or services;
- Expanding new ideas;
- Factors impacting ideas and concepts;
- Developing a range of creative approaches including:
- Creative thinking techniques;
- Evaluation for suitability;
- Resources required;
- Strategies and their effectiveness;
- Selecting concepts;
- Presentation formats;
- Refining your concepts including:
- Refinement and testing;
- Input and feedback;
- Specialist advice needed;
- Use of creative and practical criteria to determine pros and cons;
- Generation of concepts and ideas that provide innovative solutions to identified issues; and
- Your knowledge of legal requirements that will affect your work in a given industry context.
Assessment Task 2 – Presentation – 18 Marks
For this assessment task you are required to present your assessment task 1 to a webcam and upload it for review by your trainer.
Ensure that you use power point or a similar program to present your points.
You will need to ensure that you have:
- Use refined concepts as the basis for developing detailed implementation specifications;
- Present specifications to relevant parties for approval, funding or endorsement; and
- Reflect on methodology used to generate concepts and ideas and note ways of improving this in the future.
There is no requirement for length for this assessment task but you should cover all the points that are listed in assessment task 1 to show understanding.
Assessment Task 3 –Written Questions – 60 Marks
The following theoretical questions form part of your final Assessment in gaining competency in BSBCRT501 Originate and develop concepts. Read through each question carefully and ensure that you answer all parts of the question. There is no requirement on your length of answers but you should aim to demonstrate that you have the required knowledge to respond to the question. Your responses will be used as part of the overall evidence requirements of the unit. Each question is worth 3 marks, except for the last two questions which are worth 5 marks each.
- What existing information could you use that informs new concept development? How would you evaluate this information?
- Discuss how you would go about identifying and using gaps in a range of products, programs, processes or services.
- How can you expand the potential of new ideas? Why do you think this is necessary?
- List and discuss seven factors that could have an impact on ideas or concepts to be developed.
- Explain how you could determine whether others within the organisation or industry are filling identified gaps or investigating similar opportunities.
- Think about a new product, program, process or service and discuss the development of this preliminary idea this innovation. What are the different ways that you could address needs and opportunities?
- Who are your relevant stakeholders that you may need to consult with? What would you need to consult about?
- Outline six creative thinking techniques that could be used to generate innovative and creative concepts. List the benefits of the six techniques that you have outlined.
- Using an example how can you challenge, test, experiment and evaluate concepts?
- Using the new product, program, process or service from your answer 6. What social, ethical and environmental issues may need to be discussed?
- What resources (for question 6) will you require in order to achieve the desired creative and innovative outcomes?
- Discuss the methods that you could use in order to evaluate the effectiveness of different strategies for achieving the desired outcomes. Use an example to explain.
- What is a feasibility study and how can this be used?
- List four different formats that would be suitable to present proposed concepts.
- List the process that you should follow in order to refine concepts.
- What should the process of developing concepts through to an operational level involve?