Assessment 3 (15%): Group Assignment
This is a group assignment.
- This assignment must be written using MS Word.
- All group members full name and ID must be written (minimum 2 & maximum 4 members)
- Please ensure that your submission must be your own original attempt.
- Student answers and submissions are required to be completed in THIS answer booklet in the space provided for every question.
ASSIGNMENT MARKING SHEET : BAP 11 C Principles of Accounting
- For use by Examiners only.
Question 1 (15 marks)
ORDER This BAP 11 C Principles of Accounting Assignment NOW And Get Instant Discount
Question 2 (15 marks)
FINANCIAL REPORTING PROBLEM: Domino’s Pizza Enterprises Ltd
Refer to the financial statements of Domino’s presented in the link below.
Answer these questions:
- What was the amount of net cash provided by operating activities for 2013 and 2012?
- What was the amount of increase or decrease in cash for 2012 and 2013?
- From your analysis of the 2013 cash flow statement, what was the amount of the change in borrowings and was it a decrease or an increase?
- What was the total (net) cash used for investing activities for 2013?
- What was the amount of interest paid in 2013? What was the amount of income tax paid in 2013?
Question 3 (15 Marks)
Your parents are considering investing in David Jones Ltd (DJS) shares. They ask you, an accounting expert, to make an analysis of the entity for them. An extract from the five-year summary included in David Jones Ltd 2013 annual report is presented below. All figures are in thousands.
- Prepare a 5-year trend (horizontal) analysis of sales, gross profit, department store EBIT, financial services EBIT and profit after tax using 2009 as the base year. Comment on the significance of the trendresults.
- Calculate the following for 2013 and2012:
- Debt to total assetsratio.
- Return on shareholders’ equity.
- How would you evaluate David Jones Ltd’s profitability, solvency and investment potential?