This assignment is worth 10% of your total grade.
Instructions for submitting assignments: AFIN253 Financial Management Assignment
1. All assignments will be submitted via turnitin within iLearn
This is a research assignment and requires the use of independent, academic research.
“What is the point of learning about risk and return if I am planning to be an accountant”. Evaluate this statement and provide examples of how the material covered in week 1 is used in practice.
You will be assessed on the following criteria:
1. Strength and relevance of arguments presented. This will include the persuasiveness (including breadth and
depth) of the arguments presented. Any material needs to be structured in a logical manner to enhance your
arguments. (7 marks)
2. Depth and Quality of research undertaken to support your arguments (2 marks)
3. Grammar, spelling and referencing style (1 Marks)
Assignments should be succinct in their language and arguments.
Academic Honesty Policy https://www.mq.edu.au/policy/docs/academic_honesty/policy.html
You are required to submit the following:
1. You are required to submit an essay of no more than 1000 words in turnitin within ilearn by the due date. Any words beyond this limit will not be marked.
2. You are required to display the word count at the top of your assignment.
3. You are expected to submit using 12-point double spaced Arial font.
4. You will be required to copy and paste it into the submission box.
5. You are encouraged to research this topic well in advance of preparing to write your submission.
6. You are required to reference using the Harvard or Chicago Referencing style.
7. References should be from credible sources (Note: Wikipedia and Investopedia are not acceptable)