ACC102 ACCOUNTING 1B
Total Mark: 100 marks (20%)
General Rules and requirements: ACC102 ACCOUNTING 1B Assignment Help
- This assignment is weighted to 20%
- Must be confined to 2,000 words.
- Any list of the references actually cited must be included in your assignment paper.
- Font type should be Times New Roman (size 12), paragraph spacing should be equal to 1.5.
- An electronic copy of the assignment must be submitted via Turn-it-in (the link is available on Moodle)
How to submit your report through Turin-it-in?
Register your personal Turn-it-in account on Turn-it-in website
(http://turnitin.com/), which will require your personal email address and set up
your own password.
Log in your personal Turn-it-in account with your email and password.
Find ACC102 by using the following information and submit your report.
Class ID: 16273071
Enrollment Key: ACC102
ORDER This ACC102 ACCOUNTING 1B Assignment NOW And Get Instant Discount
Part A (50 marks) :ACC102 ACCOUNTING 1B Assignment Solution
Refer to the consolidated financial statements and notes in the 2013 financial report of JB Hi-Fi Limited on its website, www.jbhifi.com.au, and answer the following questions:
1. Have the current liabilities of JB Hi-Fi Limited increased or decreased over the
year? By how much? What classes of liabilities are recorded under the classification “Current Liabilities”?
2. What are the major liabilities of JB Hi-Fi Limited at the end of the financial year?
3. What items are included under the heading ‘Provisions’ in the ‘Current Liabilities’ section of the statement of financial position (balance sheet)? Explain the nature of
these items. Do these satisfy the definition of provisions as contained in IAS37/AASB137? By how much have liabilities for employee benefits increased over the year?
4. How much cash has been raised by interest-bearing loans in the most recent financial year? How much of such loans has been repaid? How do these amounts compare with the previous year?
5. Determine whether any of the non-current liabilities are secured.
6. How much of the non-current borrowings are due to be repaid within 2 years? Between 2 years and 5 years? Beyond 5 years?
7. Are there any non-current provisions? If so, what, in very general terms, do these
Part B (50 marks)
Refer to the 2013 annual report of Country Road Limited on its website, www.countryroad.com.au (or google ‘annual report 2013 country road’), and answer the following questions using the consolidated income statement and balance sheet/ statement of financial position and notes to the consolidated financial statements.
1. The Country Road Limited income statement shows a deduction (in brackets) for income tax expense. Would this expense item be seen in the income statement of a partnership? Explain your answer.
2. In the statement of changes in equity regarding retained earnings, how is the total
profit available appropriated? How does the allocation of the total profit available for appropriation in a partnership differ from that shown for Country Road Limited? Explain the reasons for any differences.
3. Refer to the balance sheet (statement of financial position) of Country Road Limited and the note titled ‘issued capital’. How do these differ from that of a typical partnership? Explain.
4. Country Road Limited is required to produce a statement of cash flows (cash flow statement) and include this in its annual financial statements. Would the typical partnership be required to prepare such a statement? Why or why not? Would a typical partnership prepare such a statement? Explain.