Refer to Topic SAMS for weighting of Assignment.
Word length 2000 words +/- 10%
Task : NURS 3001 Instructions Critical Analysis
In this assignment each student is required to:
- Review the full case of Mrs Green on CASEWORLD
- Focus on the first 8 hours post coronary angioplasty
- Identify 1 actual/potential problem that could occur in the first 8 hours post coronary angioplasty
- Provide a rationale to critically analyse and discuss why they have chosen this actual/potential problem. When doing so they need to relate their discussion to aspects of anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology and pharmacology to assist in providing a rationale for the chosen actual/potential problem.
- Discuss the relevant patient plan of care required and provided around the chosen actual/potential problem. This discussion must include the rationale and evidence to support their decisions and recommendations. The students’ rationales must demonstrate knowledge of best practice, pathophysiology, pharmacology and
relevant clinical pathways.
- Discuss how the patients plan of care would assist in identifying the chosen actual/potential problem
- Incorporate and reflect on how their critical analysis provides support for their achievement of the Registered Nurse Standards for Practice (NMBA 2016)
Standard 7: Evaluates outcomes to inform nursing practice
Standard 7.2 Revises the plan based on the evaluation
Standard 7.3 determines, documents and communicates further priorities, goals and outcomes with the relevant persons.
- Follow the Harvard Referencing guidelines for referencing and Topic Essentials on FLO for the academic presentation style of your paper.
For detailed information that will guide you in the preparation and completion of your assignment please refer to the Assignment 4 video on FLO, these instructions in conjunction with the marking rubric.