Subject Code & Title :- NURBN3030 Concept Mapping For The Deteriorating Patient
Assessment type :- Assignment
Weighting : 20%
Word Count: should be no more than 500 words in length +/- 10%
Format : Power Point E-Poster saved as a PDF – please utilise the additional resources on Moodle to help with slide size design and file saving.
NURBN3030 Concept Mapping For The Deteriorating Patient Assignment – AU.
The purpose of this learning task is to investigate and visually represent information related to a specified cause of deterioration, Cerebrovascular Accidents CVA otherwise known as Stroke. Concept mapping the topics surrounding this disorder will aid the student to show understanding of key concepts of what a stroke is and explore the relationships between the pathophysiology of stroke and the patient presentation in an acute episode and the management of stroke as applied in the pre-hospital and acute hospital setting.This task is the Early Intervention Task for this course and will assist students in planning for the Assessment Task 1 b Case Study Application of health assessment planning implementation
and evaluation of professional nursing care to a clinical deterioration patient scenario.
In this assignment students are required to:
Research and critically examine Cerebrovascular Accident (CVA Stroke) in the pre hospital and acute care setting within the context of a deteriorating patient.
Within your E-Poster you need to:
• Explore the different types of CVA and their pathophysiology consider using visual resources to differentiate these.
• Show understanding of risk factors associated with each type and how these would be identified.
• Clinical manifestations and how these would present within physical assessment related to each type in the context of an acute presentation Ensure you explain assessment findings for example changes to perfusion should be described in terms of capillary refill, pulse pressure, skin colour warmth etc
• Understand which basic diagnostic studies (radiology and pathology) are used to aid diagnosis of the acute stroke and the link between these findings and the pathophysiology of stroke
• Detail current nursing and medical management strategies in the prehospital and acute care setting for each type of stroke. Ensure you explain any medication administration using the rights of medication administration.
• Use the E-Poster Design Tips outline to help you create an interesting representation of Stroke. You should use less text and more visual representation of information including pictures graphs and links to video or audio clips. Consider your use of colour backgrounds to complement (not detract) from your design to engage the reader.
Referencing should be included using APA 7th Edition guidelines. It is expected that the students use primarily peer reviewed sources for referencing. For this assessment and to support your findings you are to use at least 10 peer-reviewed references in your paper. In text citations for text and graphics used must be on the main poster. Your Reference list can be added to a separate slide.