Subject Code :- JST123
Title :- Indigenous Australians And Justice
Value :- 25%
Length :- 750 words excluding references
JST123 Indigenous Australians And Justice Assessment 3 – Australia
You are required to submit a reflective journal to record your responses to the following questions.
The NSW Police Force Aboriginal Strategic Direction 2018-2023 is the key strategy for strengthening communication and engagement between the NSW Police Force and Aboriginal communities.
1. Describe the actions the NSW Police Force Aboriginal Strategic Direction 2018-2023 implement in order to improve engagement between police and Aboriginal communities at a local level.
2. Critically reflect on the benefits and outcomes of the implemented actions.
Your entry must be 750 words excluding references.
Please also refer to the School of Indigenous Australians Studies Terminology Guide when formulating your response
As a guide at least 6 references using APA7 (Criminal Justice students) or AGLC4 Law students format for the journal entry is appropriate.
Please submit this task through TurnitIn prior to submission. Please see the Assessment 3 folder for Turnitin login details. A score of less than 20% is acceptable.
SUBJECT LEARNING OUTCOMES
This assessment task will assess the following learning outcome/s:
1. be able to examine the ways in which government responses to Indigenous Australian people affect access to justice for Indigenous Australian people.
2. be able to reflect critically on social, cultural, and institutional impact on their profession including assumptions stemming from the history of legislation and interactions with Indigenous Australian peoples and communities.
3. be able to demonstrate knowledge of Indigenous community protocols and the major issues and strategies relevant to working effectively in Indigenous contexts.
4. be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the socio-economic and political policies practices and ideological processes of colonisation and their impact upon Indigenous Australians and their cultures.
back to top
Please submit the reflective journal in Word format, writing each entry on a new page. Each entry should be double- spaced font size 12.
Please list your reference(s) at the bottom of each entry using APA7 or AGLC4 referencing style.
back to top
Each assignment must be submitted to TurnitIn. Please see the Assessment 3 folder for login details. A score of less than 20% is acceptable.
To complete this task you are required to do all the readings for Topics 7, 8 and 9 articles and topic notes. You will also benefit from attending the weekly Adobe Connect Online meetings and joining the discussion in the Discussion Board Forum.