Please answer all 3 questions Record your answers in the template document provided and submit via Turnitin before 11:59 pm on the due date. The marks allocated to each question are shown in the assignment. A total of 30 marks are available and this assignment is worth 30% of your overall grade.
Question 1 requires you to analyse the unique assignment data set which was created for you.
This is labelled data for xxxxxxxx. xlsx where xxxxxxxx represents your Student ID number The description of this data set is provided below. Your Assessment 1 data set was emailed to your student email address. Copying answers from other students sharing answers with other students and writing answers in a group are all forms of cheating Any student doing any of these will be reported for academic misconduct.
HLTH7025 Healthcare Data For Decision-Making Autumn Assignment 1 – Australia
- Each student will get different answers as the data sets differ.
- Please use Excel to analyse data but format your answer by following the guidelines for
preparing tables and Graphs.
Hypothetical data of 100 healthy men’s systolic blood pressure by age in Nepal were presented. The data included information on demography identification number age in years family income in Rupee systolic blood pressure syst BP smoking status alcohol use and Education status. The data contain 7 variables. The 7 variables are id identification number age in years family income in Rupee systolic blood pressure (syst BP) smoking status 1 = smokers and 2=non-smokers alcohol use (1= No use BF 2= mild use 3=moderate use and 4 = heavy use) and level of education (1= no schooling 2= below intermediate 3= intermediate and above).
a. Use row percentage to describe the relationship between smoking status and level of education and write 3-4 sentences summarising your findings including public health implications of the findings with one recommendation.
b. Use appropriate statistics to describe measures and variability of the distributions of age in years family income in Rupee systolic blood pressure write the answer in your own words)
c. Use scatter plot to describe the relationship between age in years and systolic blood pressure and report your correlation coefficient (r )
d. Use the pie chart to describe the proportion of alcohol use among healthy men in Nepal.
Question 2 :
Question 2 a
Hypothetical information of death rate from CHD in smokers and non-smokers by age in India was presented below.
• Calculate all ages and the rate ratio?
• What can you say about Table 1 above?
• In relation to the findings obtained from table 1, what public health measures would you recommend and why?
Question 2 b
Hypothetical information of suicide rate per 100,000 of marital status (unmarried married and widowed) by age in categories in Sri Lanka was presented below.
• What does the table 2 suggest regarding the likelihood that married is a risk factor for suicide?
• Consider one of the marital statuses for future intervention and what public health measures would you recommend to reduce the risk factor of suicide?
The graph below shows the association between the GDP of various countries and the progress of COVID 19 vaccinations
• What explanation can you offer for the differences in the correlation between Gross domestic product (GDP) and the number of people vaccinated per 100 Globally?
• In the above figure, the authors concluded that “the global community should under take initiatives to speed up the COVID-19 vaccination program in all countries of the world irrespective of their wealth”. Based on the authors’ conclusion what public health measures would you recommend to low income countries to speed up their COVID-19 vaccination program?