Subject Code :- ENVS8403
Assignment Title :- Science In Environmental Management
Weighting : 30 marks, or 30 % of the unit grade
Word length : Maximum of 1500 words, excluding references.
Late penalties: Yes. Refer to the unit guide.
This assessment requires students to independently undertake a review of the literature on an environmental topic focusing on the present and future challenges for environmental management It will build on the Writing Skills Workshop in Week 2.
ENVS8403 Science In Environmental Management Assessment 1 – AU.
Some ideas for topics that you might like to consider are :
• Managing water pollution
• Managing soil pollution/contamination
• Managing waste disposal (e.g. landfills)
• Managing remnant vegetation or forests
• Managing the impacts of bush fires
• ……and many
There’s some flexibility in the exact topic of your review and whether you focus on the topic more generally or on specific location or site, but you must:
• Focus on the environment and management. For example, a review of the environmental pollution
impacts of waste and how these can be managed, is ok. A review of the human health impacts of waste is off-topic.
• Address the present and future challenges. For example, is the problem likely to get worse or cover a larger area and hence become harder to address?
• Refer to at least 8 relevant peer reviewed scientific papers; and
• Be specific rather general, i.e. avoid vague, waf fly text and generalised statements.