Subject Code & Title : CSE1SPX Sustainability Practices
Assessment Type : Assignment 1
Weighting : 10%
Words Limit : 450 words (+/- 10%)
This is an individual assignment. Students are not permitted to work in a group when writing this assignment.
CSE1SPX Assignment 1 Sustainability Practices – Australia.
Learning Objectives :
• Reflect on the importance of Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability.
• Provide insight on the potential of organisations to affect positive change through Sustainability practices.
• Explain the corporate social responsibility (CSR) required by business and the degree of responsibility they must take for their actions.
Tasks :This assessment requires you to critically reflect on a company that has been successful in creating positive change in society through their CSR policy and initiatives. Your critical reflection must incorporate the concepts of the Three Pillar Model of Sustainability (Society, Environment and Economy).
You are required to do the following:
1.Provide an organisational example where the company’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives have created positive changes in the society, economy, or environment.
2.Critically reflect on the link between the CSR initiative and the Three Pillar Model of Sustainability.
Some tips :
• Considering the word limit it is advised that you focus on one of the three pillars: society,environment, or economy.
• Conduct an internet search to find organisations that have been successful with their CSR initiatives.This could involve:
o Looking at winners of Sustainability awards at a local, national, or international level.
o Small to medium enterprises and not-for-profit organisations, not just large corporations.
o You could also reflect upon personal experience with a company you have worked for, or prefer to purchase a product or service from, based on their sustainability initiatives.
1.Provide a brief, clear Introduction to the company and what it did to create positive change.
2.In the Body of the reflection, address
o How is the company’s initiative linked to the Three Pillar Model of sustainability?
o Your critical reflection
3.Provide a clear Conclusion restating your key arguments and point of view.
4.Full ‘in-text’ referencing citing sources and a Reference list using the Harvard referencing style.
o A minimum of 2 academic references (e.g., journal articles or book chapters) is required. More references can be added to enhance the quality of the critical reflection.
o Sources like Wikipedia and Invest opedia are not considered academic references and should not be used in academic writing.
o The Reference List should go on a separate page and organised in alphabetical order.