The main aim of this assessment is to provide you with the opportunity to build the skills of a Human Resources manager consultant practitioner. You will conduct and in depth analysis related to HRM issues by applying an analysis tool within two case studies You will propose appropriate strategies as re commendations solutions for this challenge.You will apply your knowledge and skills across various HRM areas to solve authentic organisational issues.
BUSM4588 Human Resource Management Key Concepts Assessment 3 – Australia
Assessment criteria :-
This assessment will measure your ability to:
• Criteria one: Introduction – introduce the HRM Consultant and purpose of the report the organisation scope and limitations order of the report (10 Pts)
• Criteria two: Case Study 1 – Critically analyse one HRM Issue and apply the CIPD Model/Professional Map and contemporary refereed journal articles. (10 Pts)
• Criteria three: Case Study 2 – Critically analyse one HRM Issue and apply the CIPD Model/Professional Map and contemporary refereed journal articles. (10 Pts)
• Criteria four: Recommendations/ Solutions for Case Study 1 and Case Study 2. Implementation plan for the recommendations (10 Pts)
• Criteria five: Conclusion – Solid argument to the Board of Directors to accept the HRM Consultant’s Report (5 Pts)
• Criteria six: Research and application of referencing to the short report and presentation format clarity presentation and proof-reading of report and presentation
Course learning outcomes :-
This assessment is relevant to the following course learning outcomes:
Demonstrate and apply knowledge and skills to articulate the importance of human resource management HRM practices with in organisations.
Critically analyse issues using key concepts based on HRM theories to formulate appropriate strategies that can be successfully applied in workplace contexts
Investigate analyse and synthesise the effect of HRM practices on ethical social economic political techno logical and environ mental factors that impact on organisations and the labour market.
Assessment details :-
In Assessment 3 you are a HRM Consultant employed by a Board of Directors for an online HRM Consultancy Company The HRM Consultancy Company offers services to many different organisations in service and production. You have been employed as an independent HRM Consultant to identify HRM issues and make recommendations to overcome the issues in two case studies see below.
You must present a short report on the two case studies to a Board of Directors who want to find out what is happening in the world of work so they can prepare a strategic plan for HRM in the future.
The Board of Directors have specifically requested the HRM Consultant identify one issue in each case study and analyse thoroughly.
The Board has also requested the solutions recommendations be comprehensive and innovative.
If the Board of Directors accepts the HRM Consultant’s report they will be employed to analyse other issues in the work place.
There are two news articles below that highlight contemporary HRM issues Each of the case studies present issues related to poor HRM practices.
In this assessment you are an independent HRM consultant, and you have to
• identify two issues one in each of the case studies in total two HRM issues one issue in Case Study 1 and one issue in Case Study 2) by using the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development CIPD Model Professional Map.
• You will critically analyse the issues in accordance with the CIPD Model/Professional Map and 0 support with no less than 20 contemporary refereed journal articles journal articles will be no older than 10 years. In accordance with the CIPD Model Professional Map you will identify the knowledge behaviours and activities that present issues and impact on performance in organisations. You will also apply the CIPD Model Professional Map with the knowledge behaviours and activities that will present recommendations solutions to overcome HRM issues.
• The assessment is to be written in the professional short report style and therefore you are not required to write an executive summary. You will need a table of contents and with headings sub headings and numbering. You will have to apply appropriate headings for each of the sub sections.
• the introduction will be 1.0 Introduction and the sub-sections of the Introduction will be
• 1.1 to describe your role and the purpose of the report,
• 1.2 describe the organisation,
• 1.3 scope and limitations of the report and
• 1.4 to tell the reader the order of the report.
• The next section will be 2.0 and so on and you will have to follow the criteria rubric to structure your short report.
Refer to the following information to help you construct the core elements required in your report.
Two main questions that guide Assessment 3:
What are two HRM issues, one in each of the case studies? One issue Case Study 1 and one issue Case Study 2.
Remember you must identify one HRM issue in each case study and apply the CIPD model to analyse the issues and support with contemporary literature.
What recommendations/solutions will you make as the HRM Consultant to better manage or mitigate HRM issues?
Remember you must apply the CIPD model to present two HRM One recommendation for Case Study 1 & one re commendation for Case Study 2 re commendations solution and support with contemporary literature.
Assessment 3 instructions are in accordance with the criteria rubric as follows:
1.In the Introduction you must introduce yourself as the HRM Consultant employed by the Board of Directors of the online HR Consultancy Company and outline the purpose of the report You will then briefly describe the organisation, the scope and limitations of the report and present the order of the report to follow.
2.The second section of the report will present the first case study and you will critically analyse one HRM issue by applying the CIPD model and support with literature.
3.The third section of the report will present the second case study and you will critically analyse one HRM issue by applying the CIPD model and support with literature.
4.You will present recommendations solutions supported by contemporary literature to the Board of Directors that will cover both Case Study 1 and Case Study 2. In this section you will briefly mention the two HRM issues present two HRM recommendations/solutions and present an implementation plan for each of the recommendations/solutions.
5.The summary will present a solid argument as to why the Board of Directors should adopt your recommendations solution.
CIPD MODEL/Professional Map
The CIPD Model Professional Map is a set of standards that guide the knowledge behaviours & activities for professionals and employees The CIPD Model Professional Map provides the central behaviours that under pin good practice. In Assessment 3 you will identify the knowledge behaviours and activities that present issues in organisations. You will also apply the knowledge behaviours and activities that will present recommendations for organisations.